Visits and outings are an integral part of the curriculum. They enable students to broaden their range of experiences whilst learning and having fun together. Going out of school promotes the development of life skills in real settings and enhances student’s social interaction.
Trips taking place recently highlight the diversity of opportunity that exists at The Park.
- A wide range of sporting trips including opportunities for teams to play in tournaments against other special schools.
- Participation in Surrey Youth Games weekend and the Dance Woking project
- Annual trip to the cinema for all students with films selected as appropriate to their year group
- In KS4 students undertake a period of work experience helping in the kitchen, school grounds or in a local shop or business
- All year groups have a summer trip out with Y7 joining the Rotary Fun Day
- During lessons students frequently practice skills learnt by going to the town centre, station, Asda, Mercedes Benz or Hobbycraft
- RE visits to local places of worship including local churches, mosque and synagogue.
- An annual Carol Service is held for the whole school and parents in the United Reform Church
In Y7 students are invited to participate in “Big Night In” when they are offered after school activities such as bowling or the cinema and a sleep over in school.
In Y8 and above they are offered a residential experience to promote team building, life skills development and widen the breadth of their experiences.
In Y11 the residential extends to a week and becomes a more informal celebration of school life. It is the students last time together as a year group and provides the opportunity to embrace life at a holiday camp. It is a typical teenage holiday with late nights and morning lie-ins. Students utilise the skills learnt at school shopping, cooking, planning, tidying etc whilst having fun together.
In addition to class residentials, students have other opportunities that may vary from year to year.
- There have been trips to Florida and Eurodisney sponsored by CWSNF
- In September each year younger students are offered the chance to go to Woodlarks weekend camp with local scout groups accompanied by our staff
- For the last few years we have been sponsored to take a group sailing in Devon by The Island Sailing Trust
- This year 10 girls are participating in this venture
- In Key Stage 4 students are invited to participate in the Surrey School’s ski trip going to Italy for a week. 16 students went this year mixing with other special schools. Students learn independence skills, self organisation and learn how to ski at their own level. They also socialise with students from other schools and support some of those less able than themselves by carrying extra bags etc